Is there anything else running on the server, what is the CPU grunt
like on the server?
The best bet would be to monitor the server and see what resource
usage is like on it when you start Coldfusion and then your script.

Also, you could set a custom timeout value in your script with the
cfsetting tag so it at least starts without timing out. What is your
timeout set to?

Barry.