Thanks - I think this is worth following up.  I also installed jrun on
the SAN although I wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do and
the more I read about it the more I think maybe it isn't good
practice?

Is uninstalling on Linux as simple as blowing away the jrun4 dir or do
you need to run an uninstaller?  I'm ok with manually removing the
apache config and startup scripts.

Generally speaking is the SAN an appropriate place for web resources?
This is where my host has allocated all my web space.

Andrew.