Brain farting here, making sure I'm thinking about this the right way:

1.  I cflock a block of code that stores ws.cfc in application scope
(singleton). The lock is exclusive.

2.  For each page request, I read-only cflock a small block of code to cfset
ws = application.ws -- locking this small block of code is good for
performance instead of having to lock everywhere I need to use this
component.  (is ws a complete copy of application.ws, or is it just a
reference to it?)

3.  I can then reference "ws" for the remainder of my page call without
locking, instead of using application.ws and having to cflock everywhere.

Is this correct, or have I totally forgotten my locking rules for CF 6.1?

Man, I'm just burned out...

You are subscribed to cfcdev. To unsubscribe, please follow the instructions at
http://www.cfczone.org/listserv.cfm

CFCDev is supported by:
Katapult Media, Inc.
We are cool code geeks looking for fun projects to rock!
www.katapultmedia.com