On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have been playing around with Class::DBI to see why
everyone loves it so much and I cannot figure it out.

The previous responses were all valid, but I feel they left out one key point - centralizing business logic. Its rare for us to have sites where there isn't something special that needs to happen when a record is inserted or deleted somewhere within an application. I have a number of apps where denormalization is necessary to maintain performance. Keeping my summary tables up to date is much easier with all of my Perl code going through one central place (the project's CDBI modules) instead of trying to remember to put in "update summary stuff now" every place I might change that data.


If you've got a simple app then that's clearly more complexity than you need, but if you've got any moderately complex app it will make your life easier to put all of the business logic into CDBI and leave the application interaction to the front-end of your choice.

--
</chris>

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
             http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



Reply via email to