Carlitux wrote:

> Sorry I talk to A.L.O. today, and with this last msg I realize that
> maybe you have misunderstood my intention, the cherokee.fedora I
> contrib was for the TARBALL 0.5.5-tar.gz source code, where it comes
> with only the debian init script. jejeje :D
>
> So, a continue to ask, maybe could I contrib with my init scrip for
> RH and Fedora (and others like those) to be compliant for the source
> code, for the punch of guys who really enjoy to compile their own
> software and not to depend on a specific package ???. (like me ?) :D
>
> Kind regards.
>
> Carlitux
>
> PD. Maybe your init script could be as cherokee.opensuse compliant
> at the source code, or maybe I'll made a shell script generator of
> cherokee.server for the bunch of distribution using your's, mine,
> and those inits scripts out there, and make a better contrib,

  So, let me summarize the discussion..

  If I haven't understood it wrong, the proposal is basically to
  include a few init scripts into the /contrib directory of the source
  tarball in order to let people who want to compile it by hand to use
  them easily.

  The pros are quite easy to see. However, I'm not sure if that is
  something that we ought to do from inside the project. Depending on
  the situation it may be better if the distributions handle it by
  themselves..

  I don't have a strong opinion about it, so guys.. what do you
  prefer? If we add new init scripts we should support them properly.

--
Greetings, alo.