Fabian Zeindl wrote:

> Alvaro Lopez Ortega schrieb:
> >   It's something that is under the radar, although there is nothing
> >   written yet (not even discussed).
> >
> >   It is something that we may be adding in Cherokee 0.7. Currently we
> >   are working on 0.6, so it won't be available within the next few
> >   months.
>
> :-(. can you say whether this is going to be easy to add? maybe I can
> help (I'm computer science student and semi-expierenced coder).

Yes, I agree with Alvaro, you can make a patch against 0.5.5
(and 0.5.6 when it is released)
and maintain it (that means discussing implementation and improving it).

When 0.6.2 or so, is released (late spring 2007),
you can consider a port to 0.6.x
and maybe it will be revised and included quickly into mainstream.

The only important things you have to keep in mind are:
        - correctness of source code:
        - conformance to standards;
        - performance
          (new code should impact performances as low as possible);
        - configurability (new code should be enabled only by
                configuration parameters).

                Regards.

--
Nick Name:     A.D.F.