Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno, I run HEI and an electric fan, (everything else stock) and my
external regulator setup has been going fine for 11 years.  When it quits,
I'll upgrade to the internal setup, but if it aint broke, don't fix it.  I
guess I don't need the extra amperage yet.

-Dave,  [EMAIL PROTECTED]


> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of John Nasta
> Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 12:37 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Home alternator repair
>
>
>
> Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I have no idea why you say that. I have 3 cars w/ external
> regulators and no
> problems with any of them. However, I am a nut for keeping everything
> original, so all 3 cars also have points distributors. Maybe when you get
> into HEI and other forms of electronic ignition it makes more of a
> difference.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> Not to mention that the external regulator is a sucky design to begin with
> and
> not as reliable as the newer-style internally regulated units.
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to