I have adjusted the lifter twice. At idle it does not sound too bad. It is when you get the  RPM up to 2000 that it sound really bad. The lifter or lifter come and goes. The engine starts running bad when you get to 2000 RPM, but it starts and stops. It sound really bad.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 9:12 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Clicking lifter

It seems funny that so many people have been talking about lifter noise. I just fired my motor up and I have lifter noise on the passenger side only. I have built several motor and this is the first one to give me trouble  I  am hoping that when I start driving it that it will stop. I am hoping that a lifter has not pumped up and will fix itself ( Big Wish, I have been very good and then some good luck). I started the motor with 40 weight oil. Do you think I should change to 20-50W oil or go to 10-40W oil to maybe help with the lifter noise??
Thanks
Keith

Reply via email to