Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

At 12:46 PM 10/18/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>>Do you think I should change to 20-50W oil or go to 10-40W oil to maybe 
>>help with the lifter noise??
>
>I wouldn't use the 20W50 for any car I was gonna keep....had a friend do 
>that to his truck motor (305) and instead of helping with the noise it 
>wound up causing more wear on the parts....it's too heavy of an oil for 
>the street car scene....takes to long to get warm and coat the 
>parts...causing problems....his rings let go very soon afterwards.
>
>Kelly

I use 15-50 BUT only Mobil 1. I would never use that weight in
a regular oil for a daily driver. Mobil 1 will flow like water
in 0 temps.



[EMAIL PROTECTED] & The Doberman gang in Dallas (Taxes)
Dave's Doberman page http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1877/
Doberworld home page http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1878/
El-Camino/Chevelle page http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1876/
My Machine Shop http://cncshop.8m.com


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to