Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff I am very wary of even the "good" repro vinyl.  I ordered a PUI interior several 
years ago in Tan.   Within 3 years it was green/mustard where exposed to UV light.  
I've mentioned this both here and at chevelle tech, but never heard of anyone else 
with the same problem.   

When I replaced the door panels I went with parts from Distinctive (owned by ACC now) 
and so far no problems.  But the car is exposed to UV a lot less now.  

Good Luck
rick
---------- Jeff Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: Jeff Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Aftermarket interior no good?
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 16:23:09 -0600


Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

I too am about to redo the interior of my 71 and was going to go with the 
after market stuff but is it true that they are not any good? Anyone else 
have bad experiences with this stuff?
--
Jeff Fischer
Lake Elmo, MN
'71 Chevelle SS, 454, 4 spd, matching numbers
(In process of restoration when spring gets here)  :)
http://people.mn.mediaone.net/addss/chevelle.html


At 04:41 PM 2/7/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Vinyl!Ouch!!
>I am re- doing my chevelles interior,, going all black. Made my own door
>panels in tweed and vinyl, cause those aftermarket ones SUCK. (mylar comes
>off),  Also, does weatherstripping have to be ordered from one of those
>expensive catalogs?? I've seen all kinds of weatherstripping at local
>upholstery shops, thinking some of it will work..
>Will be doing the seats in cloth, but right now i'm undecided on installing
>the original bench, or finding a set of buckets with a console,,, any
>thoughts?? its a 68 chevelle
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 1:54 PM
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] (NC) For the upper east and west coast! aka
>rust b elt!
>
>
>
>Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Cant be much worse that the 95 degrees + 99 % humidity of New Jersey, ugh
>makes those old vinyl seats hurt, lol


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]




-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to