Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Trevor brings up a good point (two actually). I have also heard that the PUI
stuff is too "puffy" looking. We also have the Distinctive panels, which
clearly say in the description that they have the original flatter style. I
am very happy with them and am putting them in my own 69 El Camino.

The second good point is that I also hope you guys will check with your
fellow list members when you need parts.

John Nasta
Old Car Network
http://oldcarnetwork.com
718-349-9311 (main)
718-349-7511 (my direct line)

Trevor Baker
<A HREF="http://www.autoobsession.com/";>Auto Obsession</A>
Simi Valley, Ca.
805-306-0795  Shop
805-660-2253  Cell

And for later model parts:

Fenders And Parts
http://fendersandparts.com
718-383-2910

-----Original Message-----

>From what I understand, there are only two companies making the basic door
panels, PUI and Distinctive.  From what I've seen and also been told by
others, the PUI panels (and seat covers) are a bit more "puffy" than
stock...
meaning they have more padding behind the vinyl.  We sell the Distinctive
line and use them in our restorations.  We have been very pleased with them.
Distinctive only manufactures the basic panels.  We have another company
that
puts them together to make the "fully assembled" versions (with the top
rail,
inner window felt, chrome lock knob ferrule, and chrome moldings, if
applicable).  We used a set of these on our 69 El Camino SS, and they look
great!
We're in California, and like John with the Old Car Network on the east
coast, we also have great prices on quality parts.  My I suggest you give
either John or myself a try before you decide to buy from one of the big
guys?  You'll likely get as good or better products with better prices and
service.  We can also put together a package price, if you need an entire
interior kit.

Sincerely,
Trevor Baker
<A HREF="http://www.autoobsession.com/";>Auto Obsession</A>
Simi Valley, Ca.
805-306-0795  Shop
805-660-2253  Cell
To subscribe to our email group and be notified when we acquire more parts
or
parts cars, and to find out about upcoming shows and swap meets, send an
email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to