Steve,

I don't think this is too major.  I've never done this myself, but I had
to have this done just before embarking on a cross-country trip at a
service station.  I recall this being a one hour job for them, and I
don't think they used any fancy tools to do it.  I bet you might need a
seal puller or something, but I bet it is a simple enough job.

Brad Waller     ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
'66 Corvette | 327/dead | 4-speed   | Wilwood Brakes | 245/45/16 BFGs
'67 Chevelle | ex-SS396 | 355/700R4 | '79 F-Body Brakes

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of 
> Stephen Lentz
> Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 4:20 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [Chevelle-list] rear end problem
> 
> 
> Hey guys and gals, I could use some help.
> I keep my Chevelle parked in the garage.  The floor of the 
> garage is painted
> so I keep it very clean.  For the past few months, I have 
> been cleaning up
> small fluid puddles every time the car sits for a while 
> without moving.
> Well, there is a huge puddle under the rear of my car.  It is 
> so big, it
> actually ran out from underneath the car by the driver's 
> door.  Since the
> floor was clean, I was able to see the center of the puddle which is
> centered just in front of the rear end pumpkin about 1 or 2 
> inches.  I'm a
> little scared because I was hoping it was just loose rear end 
> cover bolts,
> but it looks like it is leaking from the front of the rear.  
> I would assume
> there is a seal in the front of the rear.  What kind of operation am I
> looking at and am I over my head here?  I have never messed 
> with the rear
> end of a car before, but I know that things need to be put 
> together right or
> it will lock up later.
> 
> Any suggestions?
> Steve
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Chevelle-list mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://chevelles.net/mailman/listinfo/chevelle-list_chevelles.net
> 



_______________________________________________
Chevelle-list mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://chevelles.net/mailman/listinfo/chevelle-list_chevelles.net

Reply via email to