Steve, Put the seal in and give it a try. You do not want to do a complete
disassembly which is where you would be going to replace bearings. If you
cannot stop the leak with a new seal and or a new yoke, go to a pro.
Mike
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Stephen Lentz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Chevelle Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2003 6:00 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] rear end problem preload.


>
> I've been thinking too.  The rear never leaked before that I can remember.
> Now all of a sudden it has just purged all over my garage floor?  I think
> that the bearings may be failing at the pinion allowing it to wobble while
> driving.  This movement would definitely egg-shape the seal and cause the
> groove around the inner diameter of the rear side of the yoke.  If I just
> replace the seal, it might only last one or two short trips before failing
> also.  Then I'm back to square 1.  I don't think that the bearing exchange
> is a novice operation, is it?
> Steve
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chevelle-list mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://chevelles.net/mailman/listinfo/chevelle-list_chevelles.net


_______________________________________________
Chevelle-list mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://chevelles.net/mailman/listinfo/chevelle-list_chevelles.net

Reply via email to