From: chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net
[mailto:chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net] On Behalf Of Rick Schaefer
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 2:55 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] (no subject)

The cloudy finish on the aluminum is the anodizing coating.   The anodizing
needs to be removed before the parts can be polished.   If you want to
polish them yourself, you can order anodizing remover from many sources
(caswellplating.com for one).   Or if you have them polished by a pro,
he/she will know what to do.  Then once they are polished, they should be
re-anodized to maintain the finish.   Doing it yourself is not rocket
science but it is plenty of work.

As for replacement pieces, its generally recommended to keep your originals
and have them redone.  Fit on replacement parts is hit or miss at best.