Angelina
I'm responding to your post in red so it's easier to read.

Angelina Glass wrote:

They said she's 2-3 years old...when they rescued her, they found out she was pregnant..just had the one puppy....and had a hard time with him...almost couldn't have him.  Poor thing.  And I'm not sure if they named her or not...I'm assuming so since they found her on the street after being hit.  :(
I'd like to strongly suggest that you have her well checked by your Vet. Especially before breeding.  From the looks in the picture that is an awful big pup, maybe not even Chi,  a larger dog could have gotten to her, You
will never know that, but it's a big one compared to her size.  And she did have a hard time, so have the Vet
check her and tell him that.  Don't be supprised if he tells you not to breed her and please wait at least a year
if he says it's OK,  She needs time to recover just like humans do.  AND please plan to have her at the vet's
when it's time for her to welp. (Have the babies) if you ever breed her. Chi's sometimes need a C section.

The lady said she is crate trained...I've never liked the idea of keeping pets in a crate...but I guess I better get used to it since this dog is.  Maybe it's good for if im' going out somewhere, I won't have to worry about her making messes all over the house.  I just want to get a decent sized one so that she doesn't feel cooped up.
The crate is wonderful if used correctly.  The dog get's attached to it and some sleep in them, as you also
have 3 young children, it can also be a place for her to excape the kids.  Just teach the kids that when she
is in her crate it's hands off.   It's also wonderful for travel.  A full grown dog as she is usually will not pee or poop
in their crates, so don't think you can leave her in it for that. It's her bed and her private area. 

As for dog food,  expensive does not necessarly mean it's the best.  The 6 month old puppy I just got this past weekend came with Purina Pro (puppy) I know a lot of breeders of hounds, collie's and border collies, that use
Purina or Fieldtrial and have champion dogs.  Check with your Vet.  Get small size bags to start until you
see what she will eat. 

And do name her what ever you want.  She will adjust to it,  You may use her currant name and the name you give her and slowly drop the currant name.  (My parrot named my last rescued dog - When I got her I was told
her name was Lady, but when ever the parrot said "I'm a little STINKER" she ran to the cage.   Well I didn't want to call her stinker but tinker rhymed and she came when I would say tinker,  thus she became Tinker.)

We will be looking forward to hearing from you once you get Prescious home.
Kay



" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
Join today! "




SPONSORED LINKS
Breed charm dog italian Dog breed gift Dog breed t shirt
Dog breed charm Dog breed shirts Chihuahua


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




Reply via email to