Hello and welcome! I am Marsha in KY and I am owned by 5 chis. Your Angel is adorable. She reminds me of my mom's chi who is also overweight like that. After many unsuccessful diet attempts, we finally took her to the vet to see if there was a health reason (like thyroid). Vet said she was perfectly healthy. His recommendation for diet, which has worked great!, was to cut back on the dog food, but allow her to eat all the green beans she wanted. He said the greenbeans would fill her up and contained NO calories. She eats several cans of green beans a week, lol
 
Marsha
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Marie
To: Chis
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 2:29 PM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Introduction

Hi, I am Marie and I just joined this group.
 
I have one chihuahua. Her name is Angel and Thursday was her 10th birthday.
 
I got Angel at 5 weeks and 5 days old from a byb. Who knew anything then? Now I do. She has some health problems but fortunately, her skin/eye/ear allergies was really the only thing she suffered from - from a few months of age.
 
Now she also has to take thyroid pills (for about the last 1-2 years) and has cataracts, although not too bad yet. She has luxating patellas in both back legs, but doesn't have any symptoms with that. Thank goodness.
 
Angel has been dieting for several years but nothing has worked until recently. She has lost 14 ounces in the last 3 1/2 months. Finally. Hopefully she will still lose several more pounds.
 
Angel is the love of my life. I am attaching a few pics.
 
We look forward to meeting yall. Maybe I already know some of you from other lists.

__._,_.___

" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
Join today! "





SPONSORED LINKS
Dog breed gift Chihuahua dog clothes Chihuahua dog clothing
Chihuahua dog Chihuahua

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

Reply via email to