On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Adam Barth <aba...@chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> One feature of #webkit that I find useful is that every commit is
>> summarized by the CIA-bot.
>>
>> http://cia.vc/
>
> Funny, that's a feature I find utterly useless and annoying and I hate it.
>  Why do you like it?

It's clear that enough people hate it that we shouldn't use it.  To
answer your question, I find it useful for two things:

1) It helps me keep up with who's working on what because I read the
first few lines of the commit messages as they scroll by in the
channel.

2) Sometimes I'll see something interesting scroll by and I can either
investigate it or ask people in the channel about it.

Of course there are other ways of doing those things (like reading the
buildbot page or subscribing to the RSS), but I find IRC useful since
I'm half paying attention to it anyway.

Adam