On Aug 21, 9:12 am, Dean McNamee <de...@chromium.org> wrote:
> We have plenty of Linux users who
> have gotten adjusted to this behavior and prefer it.

This doesn't seem true based on the number of comments for and against
in this thread. I would personally be very surprised if you took a
poll of Linux users and the "yes, please break my clipboard because
double-clicking is soooo hard" option came out on top of the "do you
like your OS's conventions, or should we do some wildass new thing
that breaks all expectations and feels like Internet Explorer" poll.