On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 12:07:11PM +0000, Jahagirdar, Bhushan wrote:
> Offset of the reference is not jumping as I am constantly feeding data every
> one sec.
> May I know what is the max offset range that chrony can consider to correct
> it.

If you have enabled makestep, it doesn't matter how large is the
offset. But it does matter how stable it is. The default value of
maxdistance is 3 seconds, which includes the jitter of the refclock.
In your case the reported distance (the +/- value) was in hours.

> I have already experimented about makestep and found that even if the time is
> set to epoch, for initial feeds the time gets corrected. But what if abruptly
> I am setting the time to epoch then I see chrony is not able to sync.
> I am trying to test the working of chrony on typical embedded system.

Can you please post the refclocks and statistics logs? We should
better see what is happening.

--
Miroslav Lichvar