I suspect that's due to lookuppnvp's lack of support for
case-insensitive path reduction, which has been on the
to-do list for some time but not as a high priority.

Is this something that is a likely occurrence in your
environment or is it just a curiosity that you tripped
over?

If you cd to arch on a mapped share, can you then cd into
MYFOLDER?

Alan

John wrote:
Hello,
we set our ZFS filesystems to casesensitivity=mixed when we created them.
However, CIFS access to these files is still case sensitive.

Here is the configuration:
# zfs get casesensitivity pool003/arch
NAME             PROPERTY         VALUE        SOURCE
pool003/arch  casesensitivity  mixed        -
#

At the pool level it's set as follows:
# zfs get casesensitivity pool003
NAME     PROPERTY         VALUE        SOURCE
pool003  casesensitivity  sensitive    -
#

From a Windows client, accessing \\filer\arch\MYFOLDER\myfile.txt fails, while
accessing \\filer\arch\myfolder\myfile.txt works.

Any ideas?

We are running snv_130.