On 04/15/10 07:58 AM, John wrote:
Thanks Alan for the reply.
Could you explain how lookuppnvp is being used exactly?

The behavior I am describing is intermittent somewhat. We are trying to narrow
down what's happening.
Direct access to a file for the first time from a client seems to be case
sensitive. Example:
dir \\filer\arch\myfolder\myfile.TXT fails.
dir \\filer\arch\myfolder\myfile.txt works.

If that's the case (that it affects the last component of
a path) then it's got nothing to do with lookupnvp.

The fact that it's intermittent is strange.  We'll try to
reproduce that here.

Alan

As soon as you issue "dir \\filer\arch\myfolder\", the case sensitivity goes away and
"dir \\filer\arch\myfolder\myfile.TXT" starts working.

I suspect that's due to lookuppnvp's lack of support
for
case-insensitive path reduction, which has been on
the
to-do list for some time but not as a high priority.

Is this something that is a likely occurrence in your
environment or is it just a curiosity that you
tripped
over?

If you cd to arch on a mapped share, can you then cd
into
MYFOLDER?

Alan

John wrote:
Hello,
we set our ZFS filesystems to casesensitivity=mixed
when we created them. However, CIFS access to these
files is still case sensitive.

Here is the configuration:
# zfs get casesensitivity pool003/arch
NAME             PROPERTY         VALUE
        SOURCE
03/arch  casesensitivity  mixed        -
#

At the pool level it's set as follows:
# zfs get casesensitivity pool003
NAME     PROPERTY         VALUE        SOURCE
pool003  casesensitivity  sensitive    -
#

 From a Windows client, accessing
\\filer\arch\MYFOLDER\myfile.txt fails, while
accessing \\filer\arch\myfolder\myfile.txt works.

Any ideas?

We are running snv_130.