----- "Jordan Brown" <jordan.br...@oracle.com> skrev:

> Why do you say that files are set to group -1?  I don't see any -1
> above; I see group "other" as the group setting for the file, and I
> see
> an ACL entry for group 2147483648.  2147483648 is reserved to mean the
> Windows group "SYSTEM".  (If you thought that 2147483648 was -1 as an
> unsigned number, no, that's 4294967295.)

ok - sorry about that.

> Adding "ad" to the "passwd" and "group" lines in /etc/nsswitch.conf
> should cause the system to show Windows names like this in your ls
> output.  See ad(5).

We don't have an AD controller in this test environment yet, I was only testing
with local osol users. Should it not be possible for such a configuration to
work with users sharing files? Perhaps adding that group and adding the users
to that group will help, though...

> Did you want to explore why SYSTEM gets into your ACLs?  The first step
> would be to look at the ACL for the directory these files are in.  If
> it has inheritable ACL entries, the SYSTEM is probably there; if it
> doesn't, I believe you're seeing the system default ACL (which I
> believe matches the Windows default ACL).

I'll do some more testing with ACLs on the 'root' of  the share.

thanks a bunch

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--