I've got a 4506 with a WS-X4148-RJ in it. One of these FE ports connects back to a router (Juniper M7i in this particular case).
The port is experiencing an enormous amount of output drops (around 200pps) even though the average traffic (load-interval 30) is only hovering around 15-20Mbps/4kpps. I've tried SPANing the port to a sniffer on a gig port (to avoid packets getting nuked on the drop..) over a couple of minutes (during which the output drops increased significantly) but can't even find any micro-spikes that would explain this. Does anyone know what good next steps are to troubleshooting this? I'm looking to move some traffic off the link as a preventative measure (this is causing TCP havoc) which might help mitigate the problem but I just can't for the life of me figure out why I'm seeing so many drops with such a low traffic load and no visible micro-spikes. I've had a look at the Cisco troubleshooting guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186a0080094791.shtml) but that hasn't been an awful lot of help. Thanks, Ras _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
