Also, I don't see any specific bug fixes related to this error msg. so, I don't think upgrading the code will do anything. As part of upgrade, you would reset the switch, which might clear some temporary condition which was causing this error message, however, I don't see any fixes which went in the latest release to fix any false positives.
sukumar -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sukumar Subburayan (sukumars) Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 10:34 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Kevin Graham; [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] C6500 C6KERRDETECT-SP-2-FIFOCRITLEVEL comments inline.. sukumar -----Original Message----- From: John Imison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:43 AM To: Sukumar Subburayan (sukumars); 'John I'; 'Kevin Graham'; [email protected] Subject: RE: [c-nsp] C6500 C6KERRDETECT-SP-2-FIFOCRITLEVEL Hi sukumar, Thanks for your reply. > There is actually no need to swap chassis. > > This error message indicates that the SP-CPU inband port (the internal > 1 Gig connection) FIFO pointers were not moving for certain amount of > time possibly indicating something wrong between the CPU and it's > inband connection. All this is internal to the Supervisor. > I've only started receiving this message after upgrading the supervisor memory on the module, otherwise, it has been fine for months. Could I have not reseated the MSFC properly onto the SUP? Could it be the memory? Could I have bumped something else? ##sukumars possible, as you are saying that this started happening only after upgrading memory. Are there any commands I can execute to see these fifo pointers you mention? ##sukumars there are some asic register commands on the SP-side for the ASIC (pinnacle), you can look at. But since these are debug type commands, I would not recommend using them without TAC help. > If the errors are persistant, the active sup might eventually reset or > switchover (in case there is standby). As part of the upgrade process, > the transient condition probably got cleared. > The errors have been going for a while now, however, the unit continues to switch/route packets without problem. What would you recommend I do? ##sukumars For Fifo stuck, we do try auto-recovering by soft resetting the internal ASIC path. So, if you are not really seeing any problems, I would suggest you don't have to do anything. If the errors are happening very very frequently, then I would suggest the below steps. (I will be trying what's been recommended already such as reseat module & upgrade IOS) Thanks, John _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
