I just recently installed a new 7206VXR/NPE-G2 router, and looking at the logging output I am seeing the following:
Oct 23 11:27:51.705 EDT: %SYS-4-CHUNKMALLOCFAIL: Could not allocate chunks for CEF: arp throt Total free: 0, Total inuse: 500, Cause : Not a dynamic chunk -Process= "<interrupt level>", ipl= 1, pid= 77, -Traceback= 0x13D5688 0x20974 0x20428 0x172B074 0x8BB14 0x686EFC 0x68AAD0 0x682A84 0x66D44C 0x66C328 0x671D50 0x66DA90 0x66C3E4 0x19DDCB4 0x19DDA3C 0x19DB0EC .Oct 23 15:31:15.512 EDT: %SYS-4-CHUNKMALLOCFAIL: Could not allocate chunks for CEF: arp throt Total free: 0, Total inuse: 500, Cause : Not a dynamic chunk -Process= "<interrupt level>", ipl= 1, -Traceback= 0x13D5688 0x20974 0x20428 0x172B074 0x8BB14 0x686EFC 0x68AAD0 0x682A84 0x66D44C 0x66C328 0x671D50 0x66DA90 0x66C3E4 0x6F6F68 Oct 24 01:29:22.248 EDT: %SYS-4-CHUNKMALLOCFAIL: Could not allocate chunks for CEF: arp throt Total free: 0, Total inuse: 500, Cause : Not a dynamic chunk -Process= "<interrupt level>", ipl= 1, pid= 77, -Traceback= 0x13D5688 0x20974 0x20428 0x172B074 0x8BB14 0x686EFC 0x68AAD0 0x682A84 0x66D44C 0x66C328 0x671D50 0x66DA90 0x66C3E4 0x14922D8 I tried to look this up on Cisco's site using their error and output decoders, but it returns that the %SYS-4-CHUNKMALLOCFAIL is not known. So figured I would toss it out on the list and see if it's anything I need to be worried about. I am running IOS 12.4(15)T1... --- Howard Leadmon _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
