Firstly, I'm no expert in Cisco buffers, but it seems you have failures all the way up to and including the Huge buffer pool, which I would think is most certainly going to result in packet drop.
Secondly, I did come across a bug which looks awefully like the message you are seeing. 006349: Jul 24 00:08:56.164 AEST: %SYS-4-CHUNKMALLOCFAIL: Could not allocate chunks for CEF: arp throt Total free: 0, Total inuse: 500, Cause : Not a dynamic chunk -Process= "<interrupt level>", ipl= 1 -Traceback= 0x60635A94 0x60799A98 0x60799AFC 0x614551D8 0x614950A8 0x6016FC94 0x60173F28 0x6084085C 0x60773520 TAC response was i was being affected by bug CSCsj25679 Symptom: %SYS-2-CHUNKMALLOCFAIL messages on c7200 router while sending traffic Conditions: %SYS-2-CHUNKMALLOCFAIL messages on c7200 router can be seen while box is so much stress with traffic with higher size of packets. (>=512bytes) Workaround: There is no workaround. These messages not impacting any service like traffic and sessions drop. Hi Matt, The bug was first found in version 12.4(13.13)T6 and was first fixed in 12.4(16.13). The developer of CSCsj25679 confirmed that your issue is the same with the bug. However, he still haven't verified the mainline release on which this bug was first found. <...> By the way, developer informed me that CSCsj25679 was first seen in 12.4(13.10). > > > > > I just recently installed a new 7206VXR/NPE-G2 router, and looking > at > > > the logging output I am seeing the following: > > > > > > Oct 23 11:27:51.705 EDT: %SYS-4-CHUNKMALLOCFAIL: Could not allocate > > > chunks for > > > CEF: arp throt > > > Total free: 0, Total inuse: 500, Cause : Not a dynamic chunk > > > -Process= "<interrupt level>", ipl= 1, pid= 77, -Traceback= > 0x13D5688 > > > 0x20974 0x20428 0x172B074 0x8BB14 0x686EFC 0x68AAD0 0x682A84 0x66D44C > > > 0x66C328 > > > 0x671D50 0x66DA90 0x66C3E4 0x19DDCB4 0x19DDA3C 0x19DB0EC > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
