Well a reboot seems to have fixed this, as Phil says. Just one oddity left, I cannot rename vlan 1002. Any ideas?
Phil Mayers wrote: > On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 10:10 +0100, Ian MacKinnon wrote: >> Hi All, >> >> I am trying to create some vlans on a 6500 Sup32 running 12.2SXH >> >> When I try and create vlan 1010 and give it a name I get an error. >> >> eg >> conf t >> vlan 1010 >> name myname >> >> Gives >> %Failed to commit extended VLAN(s) changes. >> >> and the log shows >> Oct 24 09:04:21.264: %PM-SP-4-EXT_VLAN_INUSE: VLAN 1010 currently in use >> by online diag vlan4 >> Oct 24 09:04:21.264: %SW_VLAN-SP-4-VLAN_CREATE_FAIL: Failed to create >> VLANs 1010: VLAN(s) not available in Port Manager >> >> >> a show vlan internal usage shows >> VLAN Usage >> ---- -------------------- >> 1006 online diag vlan0 >> 1007 online diag vlan1 >> 1008 online diag vlan2 >> 1009 online diag vlan3 >> 1010 online diag vlan4 >> 1011 online diag vlan5 >> 1012 PM vlan process (trunk tagging) >> 1013 Control Plane Protection >> 1014 L3 multicast partial shortcuts for VPN 0 >> 1015 Egress internal vlan >> 1016 Multicast VPN 0 QOS vlan >> 1017 IPv6 Multicast Egress multicast >> >> >> I have >> vlan internal allocation policy ascending >> >> >> I am not using the end vlan numbers, would changing this to descending >> fix this, although that requries a reboot. > > Yes > >> Any other options? > > No > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
