Peter Rathlev wrote: > "Ian MacKinnon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/01/07 7:13 AM GMT+2: >> Just one oddity left, I cannot rename vlan 1002. >> Any ideas? > > That's right, you can't delete/rename VLANs 1002-1005. They're the > Cisco defaults for FDDI and Token Ring, and AFAIK you can't do > anything about that. > > C6k can do VLAN Mapping and Translation, which might help you. Take > a look at this: > > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/ > configuration/guide/vlans.html#wp1044990 > > (http://www.tinyurl.dk/2068) > > Regards, > Peter Rathlev >
OK, I can cope without naming the vlan, can I then create a SVI for the vlan, ie interface vlan 1002, ip address <blah> would this work? Is it just a normal vlan from the point of view of the layer 2 functionality? I am migrating from another platform, and I have a vlan 1002 already and I need it work on our new 6500s Thanks _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
