Ian MacKinnon wrote: > OK, I can cope without naming the vlan, can I then create a SVI for the > vlan, ie interface vlan 1002, ip address <blah> > > would this work? > > Is it just a normal vlan from the point of view of the layer 2 > functionality? > > I am migrating from another platform, and I have a vlan 1002 already and > I need it work on our new 6500s
I'd advise doing a migration to another vlan-id, since 1002 is going to cause you problems in 6500 land. If you can do vlan-id rewrites on the platform you're migrating from, use that. Otherwise, connect the 2 platforms together with an access port with vlan 1002 on the old platform, and a different vlan-id on the 6500. You may be able to do this using different native vlan-ids on a trunk if you aren't tagging the native vlan. Finally, you could use a U-bend on the original platform to rewrite the vlan tag as well. Cheers, -- Ian Dickinson Senior Network Development Engineer Pipex Communications [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.pipex.net This e-mail is subject to: http://www.pipex.net/disclaimer.html _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
