Many thanks for all the replies. It sounds like the -EC model would definitely be the way to go for the offloading of MLPPP alone. It was recommended that I avoid MLPPP across SPAs or PAs unless I was ok with pushing MLPPP onto the SIP or CPU, depending on the chassis.
It sounds like I shouldn't have any QoS problems with the G2. It was also suggested that I consider a 7600 w/ a SIP-200 and a SPA-4XCT3/DS0. That's possible solution however the price difference is pretty big. While the actual port cost is only marginally higher per interface the SIP cost, chassis, and Sup(s) outweigh the benefits unless you just happen to have space in an existing chassis somewhere. I think the 7600 solution will be a good upgrade though once the product offering takes off. Until then we can cram an awful lot of T1s into a 7206. Thanks again for all the replies. I think we're set. Justin Justin Shore wrote: > I want to sanity check something before I give someone a quote. I'm > trying to figure out what the differences are between the PA-MC-2T3+ and > the PA-MC-2T3-EC. The desired application is to provide QoS-enabled T1s > grouped together on channelized DS3s. Both PAs appears to be > channelized. They appear to be the same. The chassis I intend to put > them in is a 7206VXR with the G2. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
