Well if you're looking at larger subsets, then FlowTracker might work for 
you. You can delineate your user group via a CIDR block (e.g., 
192.168.100.40/29), group of IPs (up to 10, separated by commas, e.g., 
192.168.100.70, 192.168.100.71, etc.), or a combination of the two (e.g., 
192.168.100.40/29, 192.168.110.49, 192.168.100.50)

RRDtool maximums, minimums, averages, and 95th pct. are provided for each 
of the five time periods (last 24 hours, last week, last 4 weeks, etc.). 
You also have the ability, via the web interface, to dump each of the data 
points into a list.

Joe


"Chris Riling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 05/20/2008 02:57:08 PM:

> That sounds pretty cool... I wouldn't be looking to pull info on all
> 1024 hosts in one report.. I'd be pulling info on groups of IPs; 
> grouped by customer or machine, and I'd want to look at the amount 
> of data transferred over the last 30 days or something... The reason
> I can't just look at switchports is because some of these customers 
> use their network connections inside of our data center for more 
> things than just internet access (i.e. I want to check at the border
> so I only see traffic that left our network toward the internet, or 
> from the internet toward these hosts... I don't care about any usage
> incurred due to backup jobs, or other data transfer within the data 
center)
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to