Thanks for the replies.  This was exactly what I was looking for.  I'm
familiar with the newer VXRs.  We have 2 7206VXRs w/ G1 which work
great.  These older 7200 would be for a new venture that we're getting
into.  The cost of placing cheap, lower-end 7200s at remote COs to
terminate fewer customers in a CLEC arrangement may be cheaper than
backhauling DS3s from the ILEC back to a central point and terminating
them all on a new 7206VXR w/ a G2.  We're weighing both options.  The
non-VXRs can be had for a song from one of our business affiliates which
is why we're considering them.  I'm buying 7201s for some other
applications and plan on upgrading our G1s to G2s this year or next to
better support the border router function that they're serving today. I hope full tables isn't requested. Given the SMB market that we're targeting I would be surprised if I got that request.

Thanks for all the info!
 Justin




Brian Turnbow wrote:
The 7200s non vxr will do mpls just fine.
I ran some in the past with npe 225s for mpls L3 VPNs with no problem.
Having said that I would spend the extra money and get a vxr chassis, 
especially if you are going to be doing VoIP.
You can still go with an older NPE to save money but you will have protection 
twords the future, by just changing the NPE.
The 7200 non vxr supports up to the NPE 225, 300s will work with some older ios code  
even if it is a "non supported" configuration.
Newer ios trains will not boot with anything bigger than a 225.
If you do need full routes you have to go with the npe 400 that supports 512M 
of ram anything prior maxes out at 256M.


Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Justin Shore
Sent: giovedì 12 giugno 2008 0.45
To: 'Cisco-nsp'
Subject: [c-nsp] 7200s (VXRs and not) and MPLS capabilities

Does anyone have any links to info on the MPLS capabilities of the non-VXR 7200s and how they stack up against their VXR siblings (cousins?)? We have an option of picking up some inexpensive non-VXRs (I don't know what CPUs yet) and are considering using these to terminate DS3s of T1 customers. VRFs for MPLS VPN would be in use for some of the customers. MLPPP for some as well. QoS for voice. Other than that it should be very basic. I'm hoping that no one would want full tables, though I can't recall what the IPv4 route limits are for processors before the G1.

For that matter we also have the option of picking up some cheap 7500s, though I'm less inclined to use these for anything.

Thanks
  Justin
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to