> Thanks for the replies. This was exactly what I was looking for. I'm > familiar with the newer VXRs. We have 2 7206VXRs w/ G1 which work > great. These older 7200 would be for a new venture that we're getting > into. The cost of placing cheap, lower-end 7200s at remote COs to > terminate fewer customers in a CLEC arrangement may be cheaper than > backhauling DS3s from the ILEC back to a central point and terminating > them all on a new 7206VXR w/ a G2. We're weighing both options. The > non-VXRs can be had for a song from one of our business > affiliates which > is why we're considering them.
I am not sure how much a "song" is these days, but I have seen pricing for $5K for a VXR chassis and NPE-400 w/ 512 on refurb / secondary market - which gives you *much* more flexibility and less hassles down the road. It also eliminates the need to get the NON-VXR's out (which you will probably end up doing sooner than later and quickly regret the NON-VXR move). We did the same thing about 4 years ago and I swore at myself as I swapped out each one with a VXR over the past 2 years......You need to take in to account of the future work, problems, upgrades on the overall "cost" - not just the maybe $1K vs roughly $5K initially. Just my 2 cents Eric _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
