Matthew Crocker wrote:

Take a look at some DS-1 bridge gear

- Turin Traverse PacketEdge 1200 12 cDS-3s into vlans on a GigE (HDLC, PPP, FR-DLCI)
 - Zhone IPD12000E,  12 slot chassis with 24 port EFM DS-1 cards
 - Zhone MALC723,  20 slot chassis with  24 port EFM DS-1 cards

I use the Zhone gear and I don't need a 'router' at the customer premise. I drop a Zhone TNE-1500 into the customer and connect to their firewall via Ethernet

One possible stumbling block to this approach is that I have to have QoS on voice traffic. I don't know if Zhone's bridging products have the logic to handle QoS. Even for a dumb bridge FIFO can hurt VoIP without LFI.

I do see this as being useful though, to cut down on customer costs. In our CLEC arrangement we'll be primarily selling LRE to the customers and it looks like it will scale up to 45Mbps. I don't know how popular T1s will be but we figured we'd plan to support them to some degree.

I do some research on those products.  They may prove useful.  Thanks
 Justin


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to