Thanks for the replies. This was exactly what I was looking for. I'm
familiar with the newer VXRs. We have 2 7206VXRs w/ G1 which work
great. These older 7200 would be for a new venture that we're getting
into. The cost of placing cheap, lower-end 7200s at remote COs to
terminate fewer customers in a CLEC arrangement may be cheaper than
backhauling DS3s from the ILEC back to a central point and terminating
them all on a new 7206VXR w/ a G2. We're weighing both options. The
non-VXRs can be had for a song from one of our business affiliates
which
is why we're considering them. I'm buying 7201s for some other
applications and plan on upgrading our G1s to G2s this year or next to
better support the border router function that they're serving
today. I hope full tables isn't requested. Given the SMB market
that we're targeting I would be surprised if I got that request.
Take a look at some DS-1 bridge gear
- Turin Traverse PacketEdge 1200 12 cDS-3s into vlans on a GigE
(HDLC, PPP, FR-DLCI)
- Zhone IPD12000E, 12 slot chassis with 24 port EFM DS-1 cards
- Zhone MALC723, 20 slot chassis with 24 port EFM DS-1 cards
I use the Zhone gear and I don't need a 'router' at the customer
premise. I drop a Zhone TNE-1500 into the customer and connect to
their firewall via Ethernet
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/