Hi Oli

Thanks for that. I have tried that however I still see the interface as 
unaffected

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/6
 no ip address
 no ip directed-broadcast
 no negotiation auto
 service-policy input gig-in
 service-policy output gig-out

policy-map gig-out
  class class-default
   police 64000 4470 4470

policy-map gig-in
  class class-default
   police 64000 4470 4470

GigabitEthernet0/0/6 is up, line protocol is up
 
  5 minute input rate 915130000 bits/sec, 417475 packets/sec
  5 minute output rate 915116000 bits/sec, 417467 packets/sec


The sub-interfaces are in vrfs, will that affect this?

Cheers

Mark

 


----- Original Message ----
From: Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) <[email protected]>
To: Mark Tech <[email protected]>; [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:59:05 PM
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Rate limit Physical interface GSR

Mark Tech <> wrote on Thursday, April 09, 2009 13:15:

> Hi
> I would like to cap a physical GE interface to 100mbps whist running
> vlans through it on a GSR i.e. 
> 
[...]
> 
> However when I apply  the rate-limit command on GE0/0/6, I don't see
> any drop in traffic. Actually I have set up a throughput test through
> GigabitEthernet0/0/6.2 running at 1Gbps which I can see through sh
> int GigabitEthernet0/0/6 which does not drop to 100Mbps once the
> rate-limit is added    
> 
> Is there a way to cap this aggregate interface?

On Engine3/5 linecards, you can use

policy-map gig-out
class class-default
  police 1000000000
!
int gig0/0/6
service-policy output gig-out
!
int gig0/0/6.<vlan>
...

You can also use "match vlan" classes to provide differentiated treatment for 
vlans..

    oli



      

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to