On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 19:52 -0500, Derick Winkworth wrote: ... > So hearing you say that some CCIE, or multiple CCIEs, didn't remember > fact "x" and therefore you call into question the value of the CCIE as a > certification... I guess that demonstrates how badly you are missing the > point.
I think you missed my point. The specific example given was something he was tasked with and couldn't get to work. His excuse was that someone else didn't do what they should. The problem was that MED was not the right tool. I didn't say _all_ CCIEs are wrong. And I don't expect everyone to remember everything always. I do expect though that if I ask you about how to control traffic flow across several independent ASs you don't answer "MED" and stay with that answer even though others point out that it won't work. I do expect a CCIE having chosen a specific setup to be able to explain what choices he made and why, e.g. the general differences between SRA and SRB instead of saying "You'er welcome to read the release notes.", especially when being paid to do so. I have also met CCIEs that I'm very impressed with, and many CCIEs I've seen explain things have been way beyond what I understand. I'm just saying that some CCIEs are good at networking and others are good at taking exams > Derick Winkworth > CCIE #15672 I'm sorry if you feel insulted. So I will repeat: _Most_ CCIEs are probably competent. I know for a fact that several aren't. Regards, Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
