You've got me totally wrong, I'm not bitter and I'm not moaning nor growning, just telling what I think about it. I disagree with the certification world wide business, is that being bitter? Is that to moan? If you think my opinion doesn't fit here then I'll refrain from doing it again. If a manager that is looking to hire someone finds me and is really good at "googleing" he may find my "life" certifications, I also have "scouts and reference" I can show :) Yes, he may find also this "growning" about certifications, well, I didn't say I won't do them, I just say I will avoid it as long as I can. But there's something I will NEVER do, is to put my certification "buzz" initials in my signature! :-D
-----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Charles Wyble Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:10 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Certification Ethics Ziv Leyes wrote: > If we're talking about ethics then I think the whole certification thing is > not ethical and unfair, Life isn't fair. :) to classify a person asking 'em for a paper that costs a lot of money to not just get but to "maintain" it's merely doing business on people's back. Well. I disagree. I think that the CCIE (flawed though it's takers may be) is about the only cert that really means something. If someone has taken the test and obtained the number, then you should feel comfortable asking them questions about things at that level. Same thing as if someone has the experience on their resume. The CCIE and all the studying it entails allows someone entering the field to rapidly get up to speed. It's an excellent blueprint. > I don't remember when the last time a soccer player was asked to show a > certification before they pay them millions of dollars/pounds/euros for them > to play in the team, they bring them for what they know, not for what they're > "certified" to know. Um. They usually have a pretty good track record at that point. The "certification" is done by scouts and references. > Too bad the whole world gives this scam a hand and everywhere you go, a > certification worth more than just experience. Well then go get a certification. If you have the necessary experience then it shouldn't be a problem. > As long as I can I will remain without any certification. I had a couple in > the past I didn't renew and I don't want to have to renew them to be > considered "valid" I know what I know and I'm happy my employer pays me for > what I do, not for what I'm supposed to know because a paper says it. > You sound pretty bitter. That's unfortunate..... it's usually not a good idea to moan and groan on a list with hundreds or thousands of subscribers. :) Google is great for hiring managers. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ ************************************************************************************ This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses. ************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************ This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses. ************************************************************************************ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
