On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:30:19 +0400, Jay Ford <[email protected]> wrote:
I don't think you want “ip mroute-cache”, at least not on 7600/6500
boxes.
My guess is that by configuring that you're disabling the hardware-based
forwarding & forcing it to software-based forwarding. Get rid of the “ip
mroute-cache” & see if things get better on the 7600.
ip mroute-cache is the default mode for interfaces. Are you suggesting to
do "no ip mroute-cache" to disable cef completely.
Are the 4900 boxes doing L3 or just L2? I suspect they'd do much better
at
L2 fan-out of multicast than at L3 fan-out. You're probably hitting a
pps or
packet replication limit before hitting the bps limit.
I agree that this switch will probably perform better doing L2 exchange
but then there is another problem: C7604 carry QinQ vlans and C4924
terminates them giving each tunnel's payload out of a deferent
dot1q-tunnel access port. If I don't do multicast routing I will need to
carry the same multicast traffic on every configured outer vlan. This will
eat up all the bandwidth.
--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/