On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 00:00:00 +0400, Łukasz Bromirski <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you guys who cared to contribute to the solution of the problem. There is a list of possible reasons of doing multicast L3 switching in software. They are described in the related software configuration guides for the platforms. In my case it was misconfigured RP address. I shouldn't have put HSRP address as "ip pim send-rp-announce". I fixed that and now everything is OK.

On 2009-07-10 18:12, victor wrote:

We are getting ready a residential triple-play network for the launch.
As part of my job I'm conducting various tests on its performance,
delays, etc before we go into production. Today was the multicast time
and testing it I got very discouraging results. Under very moderate load
of 15 IPTV streams (each approximately 1-1,5Mbps) the cpu gauge on the
core C7604 increased by 15%

What's the software version on the 7604, Sup model and LCs used?

Can you show output of 'show platform hardware capacity' for the
box and 'sh proc cpu sorted'. Also 'sh ip pim int x/y count'
where the ports that multicast traffic is flowing through?

 > but on the distribution C4924 hit 50% from zero!

Clearly there's a problem with moving traffic in hardware.

Can you also drop a 'show ip mroute count' from both boxes?



--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to