I don't care so much at this point if it fails over or not. If I were to
configure it, would it at least work as far as passing the traffic? I
thought I read early on that it would cause a conflict between the two ASA
devices or is this not the case? If that's all I have to worry about, it's
not critical that it fails over automatically at this point for me. It's
more of an initial staging of the technology so I can start numbering my
devices and verify connectivity, etc... As you said, you turn IPv6 off and
back on. Is that all that's needed at this point in time? I can deal with
that for the time being.

Thanks for the info!

-Vinny

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Buxey [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:13 PM
To: Abello, Vinny
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] So when is IPv6 failover coming to the ASA?

Hi,

> Anyone have information on when Cisco will actually have support for IPv6
on
> the Cisco ASA when in a failover configuration? It is getting a little

when we originally purchased our ASA solution we were told spring 09.
that then slipped to nov 09 and then into the new year - cant tell yout he
current
proposed date because thats under NDA (though everyone whos ever asked has
probably
also been told the same date) - I think the current situation is awful.

sure, i could just about cope with the current live sessions being
lost...but
at least allow such basic failover to work! :-(

currently we have to turn the IPv6 off and then turn it back on again.
the kit from 'J' doesnt need that kind of close love in times of disaster

alan

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to