Andrew Yourtchenko writes, in response to > Nick Hilliard whom wrote: > >> Unfortunately, ASA boxes are beloved of enterprises, and >> ipv6 is very much down the list as far as the enterprise >> market segment is concerned. The service provider market >> has significantly different needs, but Cisco's ASA product >> managers are not especially focussed on this segment. > > 8.2.2 should make the ipv6 and failover better friends than > they are now.
How about some love for the FWSM's as well? I'm part of a service provider operation. We don't get any love for IPv6 support here. Driving me crazy. I mean, seriously, do I have to rip out the FWSM's and put in 10GE trunks to a pair of Linux boxes just to get IPv4+IPv6 to work correctly at the same time? It'd probably save me time and effort in the long run. Sigh. And while you're at it, Cisco, *PLEASE* fix the ASDM IPv6 support such that I can just drop in the IPv6 object into an existing rule, and the back end figures out the magic? I shouldn't have to duplicate all my rules for both IPv4 and IPv6. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
