This was answered in the past I think. You can use WANem for that purpose http://wanem.sourceforge.net/
-----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Marcus.Gerdon Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:00 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] circuit degradation/error simulator Hi all, sorry for the not really Cisco-related topic, but the collected expertise present on this list might once again be the solution. For some testing I'm looking for a piece of software which is capable of inserting various degradation and/or errors into a traffic stream. The setup I thought of is setting up a PC with two NIC which passes traffic between the interfaces. In the middle the software should be able to generate packetloss, delay, jitter, fragmentation, reordering and alike within the traffic stream passed on. I didn't crawl through the depths of the internet dictionary (aka Google :)) yet, but maybe someone can point to a piece to look at. kind regards, Marcus _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ ************************************************************************************ This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses. ************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************ This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses. ************************************************************************************ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
