>For some testing I'm looking for a piece of software which is capable
>of inserting various degradation and/or errors into a traffic stream.

There are a number of open source tools (Dummynet, Wanem) with fairly basic capabilities. You can also program your typical router for pure shunning; I have a Mikrotik attached to a rig on my desktop I'm using to simply choke a link down to 512K at this very moment. These are good enough for a typical "what happens when this happens" kind of testing. Sometimes you need more interesting test environments, and then we use Shunra Virtual Enterprise (formerly Shunra Cloud, http://www.shunra.com/) and I've also used (but don't own) Linktropy (Apposite Technologies, http://www.apposite-tech.com/)

jms

--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494
[email protected]                http://www.opus1.com/jms
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to