Also, stabbing the cable with various sharp implements at random
intervals is another option :)

-- 

David Freedman
Group Network Engineering
Claranet Group


Marcus.Gerdon wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> sorry for the not really Cisco-related topic, but the collected
> expertise present on this list might once again be the solution.
> 
> For some testing I'm looking for a piece of software which is capable of
> inserting various degradation and/or errors into a traffic stream.
> 
> The setup I thought of is setting up a PC with two NIC which passes
> traffic between the interfaces. In the middle the software should be
> able to generate packetloss, delay, jitter, fragmentation, reordering
> and alike within the traffic stream passed on.
> 
> I didn't crawl through the depths of the internet dictionary (aka Google
> :)) yet, but maybe someone can point to a piece to look at.
> 
> kind regards,
> 
> Marcus
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
> 



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to