On 24/06/10 14:53, Frédéric LOUI wrote:
In our lab setup, we have 2 full internet feeds (IPv4 / IPv6) thus ~
670000 + v6 prefixes Netflow v9 is working without any issue so far
(without sampling). However we did not test netflow v9 with MPLS
features.

Sampling on the PFC/DFC platforms probably doesn't do what you want it
to do. It still captures all flows; just only exports a subset. This
saves neither TCAM nor significant CPU at the export side.

According to my technical representative, on 8x10GE card with 3CXL,
NDE is handled by the linecard itself (i.e de-centralized NDE instead
of centralized NDE from the main RSP board) Not sure about " 4x10GE
card upgraded with 3CXL" though

Under most conditions, DFC-equipped linecards export the netflow themselves.

There are some conditions where the netflow PDUs have to be post-processed by the RP. Amongst others, if you want source/dest AS numbers in the flows, these are added in software by the RP, eliminating the benefits of distributed NDE.

I'd be happy to have some REAL figures regarding MPLS aware netflow
with 760x/3CXL :-)

Figures about what?

Also, be aware that DFC/PFC platforms (until recently) only generate flows for packets which ingress as plain IPv4. MPLS LSPs don't generate netflow, either in label-swap or label pop.

This may mean you only see flows at the ingress PE.

There is a feature in some releases (e.g. SXI4 for 6500/sup720, which is basically the same underlying hardware) which claims to do "egress mpls netflow", where flows are generated for final label-pop i.e. on egress PEs too. It didn't seem to work when I tried it.

This may all be very different if 7600 WAN cards are in the mix.