So I have two 3750 (no stackwise) that uplink to a 6509.

I have setup pvlans on both 3750's and they are working as expected. I cannot ping servers on the same 3750 switch. But of course if the servers try to communicate with another server on the OTHER 3750 switch, the ping is successful (traveling via the uplink to distribution).
I know that pvlans only work local to the switch it is configured on.

So I need a way to block that 3750-to-3750 communication on the distribution layer.

My distribution switch is a 6509 (sup720). I was hoping to see if I could use 'switchport protected' as a quick one liner so that each downlink to the 3750's would not be able to communicate.
But that is only on the 3550, I think.

Any ideas?

3750 config:

!
vlan 666 name isolated-vlan
 private-vlan isolated
!
vlan 810
name promiscous-vlan
 private-vlan primary
 private-vlan association 666
!
interface GigabitEthernet2/0/30
description xxxxxxx
switchport private-vlan host-association 810 666
switchport mode private-vlan host
spanning-tree portfast
! interface GigabitEthernet2/0/31
description xxxxxxx
switchport private-vlan host-association 810 666
switchport mode private-vlan host
spanning-tree portfast
!
interface TenGigabitEthernet2/0/1
description Uplink to 6509
switchport private-vlan mapping 810 666
switchport mode private-vlan promiscuous
speed nonegotiate
spanning-tree guard loop

Now if I use pvlans on the 6509, those downlinks would have to be promiscous ports I think. And that probably would achieve the 3750-3750 blocking that I want.

Any thoughts?


p.s. I would rather not use VACL's as that could get administratively tiring.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to