Thanks John.

That seems viable. My only concern is if I have more and more customers coming into distribution, the config could get hairy.

I was hoping I could make a different isolated vlan on the second 3750 switch. And then I was hoping that a ping from isolated vlan to isolated vlan from switch to switch would fail. But I was wrong, it is somehow pinging even after I changed the isolated vlan on the second 3750 from 666 to 667.

Am I wrong is thinking that it should not ping?

I'm a bit confused. Normally, if you have a private vlan (a primary vlan and an isolated one) that spans multiple switches, you should not be able to ping from switch to switch.

In your configuration, you had configured the uplink ports as promiscuous, instead of regular trunk, that's why you could ping each other.


In the case where your edge switch does not support private vlans (eg 3550 29xxXL etc), I think that you could use a feature on 4500 switches called private vlan trunk (haven't tested it). Another option is to configure a separate vlan for each edge switch, configure the ports on the edge switch as "switchport protected", and then use cables on the 65xx to connect the edge VLAN to private-isolated ports on the same 65xx (kind of ugly, but it works), or use the trick that Jon Harald Bøvre suggested.

Regards,
John
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to