On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 20:01 +0000, Phil Mayers wrote: > There are some funny behaviours w.r.t traceroute under PFC-3B and > earlier versions. Do you have a mix of PFC/DFC versions?
Thanks for the tip. I looked more carefully at other devices and found out that at least one other device behaves like this. And it's also PFC3B with traffic exiting a CFC-equipped 6724-SFP, like this device. Other devices with PFC3C (i.e. VS-S720-10G) but similar CFC-equipped cards haven't got the problem. And PFC3B-equipped cards where the traffic arrives on DFC3C-equipped cards (WS-X6708-10GE) also haven't. > We see oddities routinely with penultimate hop popping and vrf aggregate > labels, including the same behaviour you're seeing. I believe it's a > hardware limitation. I guess we have to live with it then. At least the PFC3B based sups are getting close to a well earned pension. If anyone would happen to know a work-around, even at the cost of performance, I'd really like to hear about it. It's more than enough trouble to explain traceroutes without this... :-) -- Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
