On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Peter Rathlev <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 20:01 +0000, Phil Mayers wrote: > > There are some funny behaviours w.r.t traceroute under PFC-3B and > > earlier versions. Do you have a mix of PFC/DFC versions? > > Thanks for the tip. I looked more carefully at other devices and found > out that at least one other device behaves like this. And it's also > PFC3B with traffic exiting a CFC-equipped 6724-SFP, like this device. > > Other devices with PFC3C (i.e. VS-S720-10G) but similar CFC-equipped > cards haven't got the problem. And PFC3B-equipped cards where the > traffic arrives on DFC3C-equipped cards (WS-X6708-10GE) also haven't. > > > We see oddities routinely with penultimate hop popping and vrf aggregate > > labels, including the same behaviour you're seeing. I believe it's a > > hardware limitation. > I think I'm seeing something similar with a few 6504/SUP720-3BXL/6724-CFC running 12.2(33)SXI3. Traceroutes crossing these units in the global table timeout. Works fine in a VRF. Can't mpls ping/traceroute from these units in the global table. Works fine in a VRF. This makes troubleshooting unnecessarily difficult. Anyone found Cisco documentation explaining this behavior? -- Tim:> _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
